We absolutely run everything by our doctors and dieticians. I just wanted to give people a positive story instead of negative. With the help of different products, especially the Biafine Ointment (which I found on this site and is by prescription)you can make it through a little better. We started it the 1st week of radiation and he doesn't have any burns on his skin. He has plenty of pain in his throat but, the sores are really limited to the back of his mouth. I feel very strongly that it is from the aloe vera juice (make sure it has muco polysachirides)and the sea buckthorn berry oil. He uses the magic mouthwash and nystatin also throughout the day and night.

He eats everything by mouth even though he has a PEG. He rides his bike everyday. He eats and drinks and keeps track of it everyday. It's basically oatmeal and ensure but, he is doing it up to 2500 calories a day.

He has bad days and I'm not trying to downplay it but, in comparison he is doing much better than other patients that we've seen and spoken to. I feel that staying positive is the best way to fight. Don't give up and don't just exist.

Caregiver to boyfriend
Diagnosed 10/12
stage 4, SCC Left Lymphnode Unknown primary
most likely in the left tonsil
HPV+, non-smoker, social drinker
No surgery, 1 week on 2 weeks off chemo, 5fu, cisplatinum and taxotere completed 12/22/12
PET 1/13 clean
starting radiation 1/22/13 - 8 weeks with weekly chemo