Hello,

OK, so I've dipped tobacco for 30 yrs and recently I've had a sore throat that started Feb 1st that has not improved. Upon looking in my throat with a flashlight last Thursday I noticed the back looked a bit blotchy with a white spot behind my right tonsil. No other symptoms at the moment, no swollen tonsils, glands, lumps, fever, speech changes, etc. Just a few things my mind is creating in psychosomatic fear imo. I took a pic below of the blotchy area. Anyone here familiar with this?

[img]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t130/theshawn_photos/20130211_232737_zps96065b20.jpg[/img]

Obviously I quit dipping last Thursday and curse myself for being stubborn this long. If this is throat cancer my daughter and wife will not be happy with me as they have told me for years to quit.

Anyway, I'm in a high deductible HSA health plan and don't want to waste time/$ going to a GP since I don't really have one on account I'm rarely sick. Should I call a ENT office first? Go straight to an oncology clinic for a swab test?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Chucky; 02-12-2013 09:32 AM.

It is what it is