Thank you. It is completely overwhelming what is happening to him. So much not what we were prepared for. Christine you give me hope that we can get him through this ok and that we can move on to better days. He is strong and stubborn so I'm hoping those traits kick in now.

He's never cared too much for his appearance but I know the last surgery he did comment on his looks so I think this one is going to be a struggle. He has never been a big eater and food has just been something he has had to do but I know that the difficulties he has faced over the last year with food have gotten to him so this is going to impact him now more than ever.

Some pleasures in life will be different after this but I will help him to find other pleasures to replace then. He is going into HBO as soon as they can get him there. His HBO doctors heard he was in the ICU and came up to see us before his 2nd surgery. They are determined to get him back in there with them. I am as well as I know how good it works for healing. He now has multiple spots to heal.

Thanks again. Not sure where I would turn without all my friends I've met through OCF. There isn't a person in the world other than all of you that understand where we are and now even less understand what's happening now.

Wife to Steve 43. DX 5 May 09. T4N2MO SCC tongue, floor of mouth, lymph nodes & jaw bone
No surgery
Teeth removed 06/07/2009
radiation 13/07/2009 x 7wks
chemo 15/07/2009 x 3 Cisplatin
last TX 28/08/2009
25/11/2009 PET-lymph node activity.
08/01/2010 CT Scan-ALL CLEAR
03/03/2010-Peg removed
01/2013 left side of Jaw removed and replaced with pectoral flap.
23/12/2020 scan show lesion in tongue
01/2021 SCC stage 3 base of tongue diagnosed
01/03/2021 chemotherapy started.