Good day for all, I hope. I posted previously but jumped in at the wrong place. I was gently redirected and here I am. I'm caregiver to my fiance who finished TX on December 31,2012. I know we're not finished with "this" but I really like the symbolisim of completeing rad on the 31st. Chemo was completed two weeks previous.
Thank you to everyone involved on this site it has been informative, encouraging and has helped me to check in to reality when needed. I believe information is power and soak up everything I can regarding the topic at hand. My fiance is a bit of an ostrich when it comes to his health and prefers to take things as they come. I guess we balance out one another well.
Eric currently has a respiratory infection and is being treated with a 2nd round of antibiotics as the first didn't work for him. He had a blood transfusion one week ago and is now receiving Procrit injections (a total of three - two to go). We're eager to see how the treatement affected the cancer...is it gone, has it moved,etc. Thanks again for this site and I look forward to participating and supporting where I can. - Kat

Kat fiance/CG to:
Eric: age 57
DX 10/19/12, HPV16+ SCC stage IV lft tonsil, BOT
nonsmoker,casual drinker
TX 11/5/12 Cistplastin wkly x 7, IMRT x 35
PEG placed 11/9/12
ALL CLEAR PET SCAN - 4/16/13
PEG removed - 4/29/2013