Hi,
I've got a feeling I'm going to be thrown off site before I begin
Anyway, I'm 61 years old female.
My Husband died 14 years ago and I then got mixed up with a passive aggressive male who took me to the lowest blackest hole you can imagine. I walked away from that relationship but I have become a virtual recluse with only my pet dogs for company,a bottle of red wine and coffin nails which I've given up so many times only to fall back into the same mind set, 'I need a fag' Consequently as my symptoms are self induced I'm loath to go to my GP.
I have no friends to talk to, panic in company I don't know and still feel 'less than' if forced to be involved in functions to 'meet people'. I just don't want to go. End of.
I have a married Daughter whom I think the world of, but there's no way I'm prepared to inflict the care of her Mother on her when she has a 5 month baby boy to look after.
I have had a constant 'tickle' in my throat and a feeling of a blocked ear, although my hearing isn't impaired and I think I have the onset of some form of oral cancer.
Whilst every body else, I would imagine is trying hard to survive,I am happy to die. Once your dead your dead, and the thought of going through treatment and ending up in a care home without my dogs terrifies me. What I would like advice on is, if it is oral cancer I'm dealing with what can I expect in the way of progression of the disease? How painful a death am I looking at and what is the normal time scale from diagnosis to death if untreated?
Any and all replies would be really appreciated. Negative and positive alike.
Happy New year to one and all.
Ruby