Hockey Dad,

My wife says that CPA stands for Certified Pain in her Ass so forgive me if I appear that way but I am still not clear on whether or not you could use your insurance premiums in the total for medical expenses as you have said 2 things that I find confusing....

"The premiums are excluded from fed wages" and "It is a fluke that the company I work for has us pay our premiums and deduct it from our annual bonus."

If your wages are taxed for SS after your insurance premiums are excluded then you can't deduct them "twice". If you are saying that they just reduce your pay check after all taxes which are based upon your gross pay then you can deduct them.

I don't understand the last statement.

Just trying to help but that doesn't make my wife feel better either. lol

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.