Hi Karen:

I am the one Christine mentioned who has this horrible foamy mucus in my mouth 24/7. I wake in the a.m. with a super dry mouth, and as soon as I brush my teeth, rinse my mouth, the foam starts. Mine has a horrible taste (putrid sweet and sometimes like buttermilk, yuk frown but mostly so sweet it's unbearable. This is when I haven't even eaten anything, so it's not the normal "taste distortion" that most have following radiation/chemo. I have been to many ENTs, had gastro edoscopies, and other tests, to no avail. Does Alex have any type "taste" with his? Sometimes during the day the foam will change to a solid drip down my throat. I've tried EVERYTHING imaginable for post-nasal drip; the "foamy stuff" is what is so bad - I feel like a rabid dog, and sometimes my mouth gets so full, it seeps out onto the sides of my lips. I'm going to send you a PM tomorrow with some other information and see if it sounds familiar to Alex. Tell him to hang in there - hopefully we'll find a solution or it'll stop. I just had my FIFTH anniversity since treatments in November. This foam started about 2 years ago. Nite nite.

Julieann

Julieann
Nov 2007 SCC on right tonsil following tonsillectomy. Was smoker, QUIT. (Stage IV T2 N2b) 7 weeks radiation one day/wk chemo (carboplatin and 5-FU). Allergic to Taxol; PEG in, lost 30 lbs. TX completed January 2008. PEG out mid- 2008. PET/CT 1/17/2011;2/3/12 NEGATIVE for cancer smile