Dysplasia very often does return. But the good thing is that it does not always turn into cancer.

Please try to move on. Try to think of this a different way. You dont "have to worry that any ulcer that pops up is cancer". It is a choice to worry. By allowing yourself to focus on "what if" it makes you scared and upset. If you absolutely 'must' think about this, at least only allow yourself a few minutes to contemplate things and then move on to a more pleasant subject. It took me a while to learn how to do this but I live my life without worrying about recurrences. Worrying will never change anything, it will only make a person upset. In my situation, a recurrence means I will die as Ive already had OC 3 times and I cant get thru round #4. I already know this and have accepted it so I go about living the very best life I can and not allow my mind to stray over to the "what if's". With practice you can do this too. If you have beaten OC, you can do anything smile At 25 years old, you have your whole life in front of you. Live it up!!!!

Last edited by ChristineB; 11-30-2012 06:16 AM.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma