For the TV show Dallas fans, JR Ewing played by Larry Hagman was something else. We even watched the remake this year and Hagman looked great for 80 and I did not have a clue that at the time he was recovering from both radiation & chemotherapy for oral cancer..
Today's papers and web sites all say he died Friday at 81 of "throat cancer" complications. It took a couple of Google searches to find an article last year in a Texas magazine that quoted Hagman as saying he had the same cancer as Michael Douglas but that" Mike's was Stage IV and mine only Stage II".
It gets confusing to see "throat cancer" for base of tongue cancer since I always think of esophageal cancer when I hear throat cancer. But the newspapers all listed Michael Douglas as having throat cancer so I'm learning that they are using it as a general label like oral cancer.

For those younger members of OCF , in 1980, Dallas became a mega-hit with the "Who Shot J.R.?" plot line that left Americans guessing who pulled the trigger.
The answer came on November 21, 1980, in an episode dubbed "Who Done It?." More than 350 million viewers tuned in around the world to find out Kristen Shepherd, the sister of J.R.'s wife, shot him. It remains one of the most watched television episodes in history.

I'll miss my favorite villian. Another casualty of this cancer
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13