Tracy
there may be minutes notice moments, but this treatment is more a part time job, any and evrything you do will be greatly appreciated, and giving your Mum and Dads ages this will tire both of them out.
I think a lot of driving and support to hospital for visits. keeping a diary checking they know what is next listening to Doctors so you can help explain procedures, these are all ongoing every day support things. help with meds.
helping you dad eat but knowing he will get upset and angry at times, what you can eat on tuesday you cant eat on wednesday, it a difficult treatment that changes but old folks are strong.
maybe the dogs will cheer your dad up? If you need a break in the middle take one. This site is the place to ask questions good luck to you and yours.
i will always feel especially close to the people that stepped up to the plate for me.

Last edited by CubanKeith; 11-19-2012 09:54 PM. Reason: spelling

21st March squall cells.Endescopy not oesophagus, ENT .April endo nose CAT MRI general Panendoscopy prim-HPV 16 base of left tongue one node-stage 2.23rd of May.14/5/12 9 teeth out.8/6/12 PICC inserted.11/6/12 1st Chemos 25/6/12 2nd Chemo Cisplatin5FU:27/6/12 PEG23/8/12 Radiation finished 1/9/12.