Thanks for the response. I have replaced the occasional tobacco use that I used for stress relief with exercise and quit using the "I don't have time" excuse. It's an unhealthy disgusting habit and I know better. Like I said, I've used on/off for 3 years tops (closer to 2.5) and never continuously. Maybe during a stressful week or two then a 2 month hiatus, etc...

Anyway, enough with excuses. I appreciate your response, and from the link you sent me, you are right, it is impossible to tell just by looking at it. I brushed my teeth a little too hard a couple days ago along the gumline of that tooth and when I was looking in the mirror is when I discovered it. I don't know if it has always been there or not, I've never really paid attention. But when you get to googling "white spot on gum", well, you can imagine what pops up.

I don't know if it is thinning of the gum or if it is on top of the gum. I would think that my dentist would have noticed this 2 weeks ago when I saw him for my Oral Exam and cleaning. I have a bit of dull pain when I touch near the gum that I brushed too hard still. Doesn't hurt to eat/chew on it though.

I guess I should just go back to my dentist... Just don't want to be looking too paranoid considering I was just in his office 2 weeks ago. Don't know how likely that something could have popped up out of nowhere in that 2 week window but what do I know?

On a side note... After spending a day googling the awful effects of Oral Cancer and what everyone in this community must have gone through, my heart goes out to each and every one of you. I truly hope everyone beats this awful disease. With all the talk of Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, etc... It is terrible that this one goes under the radar considering the devastating effects and how quickly it seems to be able to spread.