Paul: Welcome to the site. Sorry you're here, but if you have "it" (notice it is not capitalized), this is the best place to be. These folks are terrific. I just finished my treatments, and while my cancer was a little different than yours, the treatment options are basically the same, radiation, chemo, surgery. I took the most aggressive path I could at the start because I wanted to get to the point that if it recurred, I could console myself with the fact that there was nothing else I could have done to kill this thing and I want to win, not lose, to this butcher. Wanted to kick it in the...shins. If it does recur, I will know it is not due to my efforts, but it is in the good Lord's hands, and if His plan is for me to get it again, then that is His will. And I will accept His judgement and go on fighting. That's why he gave us free will. In your place, I went for the whole thing and would recommend you consider that as well. If it recurs, would you rather say you did everything you could, or would it be OK to say I wish I had only ... Your call.

Regards, Kirk Georgia
Stage IV, T1N2aM0, right tonsil primary, Tonsilectomy 11/03, 35 rad/3cisplatin chemo, right neck dissection 1/04 - 5/04.