So, here is my question: Boyfriend w/ Stage IV BOT, HPV +, diagnosed 12/11, no distant mets, teeth out, 35 RT begun Jan 2012 concurrent w/ cisplatin x 3, neck dissection May 2012. Lost more than 70 lb despite PEG, which has been out x 4 mo. PET clear. Undergoing PT to improve mobility / function after surgery & leading to some pain while regaining function, now eating well, energy level maybe 85% of pre-CA, working physically demanding job, has only regained 4 lb. Had occasional issue with erectile dysfunction prior to diagnosis but sex life generally lovely. Now, despite dramatic gains in past 3 months in all other arenas, ED is constant. Have reviewed all meds (some ibuprofen, levothyroxine, Trental, Vit D.) which don't seem to be contributors. Suspect this is mainly profound weight loss plus body image issues related to weight loss & CA diagnosis, plus stress of re-entry to post-CA life. Fear of permanent loss of sexual function for both of us. Me feeling rejected despite intellectual understanding that ED doesn't reflect on his attraction to me, but emotional experience of feeling unwanted. Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. Not sure how to approach / support...

Last edited by ChristineB; 10-17-2012 05:57 PM.