Thanks everyone for all of the support and advise. Week one has come and gone and I made it through the first round of chemo. They made some adjustments to the mask which has helped a lot. So far not feeling to bad from the chemo just still having the dry mouth and metal taste...most things taste odd. I'm getting all the water down and have been able to get the calories in so for now, I'm fairing pretty well. I see the GI dr on Monday to find out about the feeding tub, must say I'm not looking forward to that at all but would rather have it done early so it's already in place if I need it. When I saw the chemo dr on Thursday he said the lab test showed that it is NOT HPV positive, so now everyone is scratching their heads as to the origin...go figure. Really glad I found this site, everyone has offered great advise and support and it is really appreciated! Off to bed now. Keep the faith!

Female 47 former smoker (quit in 1986), very light drinker. 1st diag 8/1/11. Surgery 9/6/11 SCC L BOT Tongue T1N0MO stage II w/partial gloss with no rad or chemo follow up. Recur 8/16/12 T1N1M0 - stage III. Neck dissection surgery 8/29/12 with 35 sessions of rad and 6 chemo beginning 10/8/12.