Just curious as to some stories out there of negative findings from a biopsy that later turned out to really be cancer. Does this happen alot, or are they pretty accurate? The reason I ask is because I just got my results back from a scalpal biopsy on my tongue, and thank goodness they were negative. The surgeon said that the white patch on my tongue, (that had been there for several months), was "reactive" tissue, or something of that sort. I had seen two oral surgeons prior to the biopsy, and they both seemed so sure that the white patch was cancerous. One of them even photographed the area on my left ventral tongue, and looked me in the eye and said that he was sure after a biopsy that it would come back as cancerous. My second opinion agreed, and did the biopsy. So I was rather shocked when I got the call that no follow up was needed and that it was not cancerous. I'm ecstatic, to say the least, but these two basically ruined a month and a half of my summer with their pre diagnoses. Anyway, thoughts?