Friday, 09/28/12, marked my half-way through treatment. I have 17 Rads TX and 3 Chemos to go. My mouth is pretty dry and blistered and my taste buds are down to prob 20% if that.
I am still eating some, I eat breakfast and I eat some supper. I have been working from home this week and to keep the time to eat to a minimum I do two jevitys for lunch. I usually eat small supper so I add one jevity then.
I take 1 ducolax and 2 senna's for each meal for stool softener. And a zantac for heartburn.
I am still taking Fluconazole for thrush. Still can not consume fruit or sweet things, guess it is the blistering in the mouth and tongue.
I pretty much take loritab every 4-5 hours (on liquid now).

I went to the ENT Friday for my first Monthly check-up and he put a scope thru my nose and looked at the base of the tongue, he said all looks well. BUT, when he pulled it out My Nose started bleeding a lot. And I had to go to RAD TX. I did recline and put some pressure on it and made it thru RAD, but it started back again when I got home. I use a C-PAP machine when I sleep, but my nose was too stopped up so ... it was a big mess. (I think the cpap machine helps keep my throat moist somewhat at nite) I think I will start using a cool air vaporizer tonite... And my nose has cleared up alittle after my shower.

I will try to keep eating (breakfast is usually soggy bran flakes and yougart or egg and yourgart. Supper is usually cottage cheese and smashed up veggies...some times mashed up meat)

HOpe I can work from home at least one more week but not sure... I use computer and phone. I know it is fixing to get bad as far as mouth and throat being dry and sore ...

But, 1/2 way done!

Last edited by MickeyW; 09-29-2012 08:00 AM.

large lymph node Left Neck around May 22 2012
ENT June 6, did needle Biopsy - Negative
ENT CT scan July 9 - Negative
Remove lymph node July 26, DX - SSC - T1N2aM0
PET Aug 7, BOT
Aug 14, endoscopy, 1cm - clear margin HPV+
TX 33 IMRT - 6 Chemo - Taxol/Carboplatin
TX chemo 09/04/12 RAD 09/05/12