i have been trying to get some info on this forum and though maybe you can help.my cousin has cancer in his lower jaw bone and they are looking at replacing the lower jawbone with bone from his leg.the problem he has been in a nursing home for the last seven years and he is a wheelchair he still can get himself in and out of it. he is sixty three and has some other issues with his memory and its up to his sister if he should have the operation,she wants my opion on what to do because i go see him almost everyday.i know its a lot to put him through but i think he should have it his chin doesnt look good now and i dont think its right not to do something.i talk to him about it and he would like it done.dont know if he fully understands what involved.saw him a couple of times looking in the mirror at it so i know it bothers him even though he is not having any pain.his sister agrees with me but some others dont even though they have not seen him in months.sorry for the long message but i am hoping you or some one you know can give their opinon dotors app. on monday surgery the following week.thank you for any advice

cousin 63 in wheelchair at nursing home has oral cancer in his jaw. Need info/advice about mandibulectomy. Possible surgery is scheduled for Monday