Hi,
My mother aged 61 years is suffering from Oral cancer (right cheeck) from past two years.
In Dec 2010, we found a small tumor that was developing in the mouth and that was removed surgically. And post surgery radiation was also done.
Almost for a whole year after the first surgery she was doing very well.
Early this year the tumour re-appreared and it was again operated on, and removed surgically. This time the surgery was very long and grafting was also done on the face.
Soon after the second surgery we found another tumour near the lip, this was like within 45 days from the previous surgery.
As she was already very weak post surgery, another surgery was not possible. That's why Doctor's suggested chemotherepy.
We were recommended another round of chemo but we postponed it as my mother was getting really weak due to the first session of chemo.
For almost two months no medication was done. But we observed that there was a hole that was getting developed at the site of graft on the cheeck and also new eruptions started appearing very frequently. The typical cycle for the eruption is that it starts with a small bump, gradually develops into a boil and then a hole starts forming in the centre.
This prompted us to consult the doctors again and with their recommendation we did another round of chemo.
Now even after the second chemo session, we observe that every few days newer eruption are happening.
Its impossible for her to take food intake from mouth and she has a food pipe in her stomach. This limited diet has made her very weak.
Now the consulting doctor is not recommending any further treatment. I am really worried as every week i can see a new eruption