Hey kelly
Settle petal!!! Your ENTs comments don't count anymore. He said those things when he thought he was looking at a classic re-presentation of your SCC and the biopsy suggested it isn't.

Is it right on the spot where your radiation was? Just as likely to be radiation damage if it is and which is no picnic but not spreading as you are imagining. As your ENT suggests, recurrences can come back faster and more aggressive than before but from dime size to quarter size in a matter of days seems a bit much for a SCC.

Your voice will not disappear unless they take your voice box which is a long way further south and drinking fluids may also be unaffected. Issues likely to completely kybosh drinking are also located south of your problem, although I appreciate an incomplete soft palate might present some reconstruction or retraining challenges. It is really dependent on how much they have to cut out but try not to jump ahead (as I have just done) in joining the dots until you know what the overall picture is supposed to look like.

Take your Zanex and try really hard to stop over thinking this (says I, queen of the over thinkers).

Karen

Karen
Love of Life to Alex T4N2M0 SCC Tonsil, BOT, R lymph nodes
Dx March 2010 51yrs. Unresectable. HPV+ve
Tx Chemo x 3+1 cycles(cisplatin,docetaxel,5FU)- complete May 31
Chemoradiation (IMRTx35 + weekly cisplatin)
Finish Aug 27
Return to work 2 years on
3 years out Aug 27 2013 NED smile
Still underweight