I'm sure I could find this if I had time to search - those of you who have experienced swallowing issues, did they come on fast or slow? Twice in past year dh has had issues. On one occasion just woke up and couldn't even get water down. This cleared on it's own in 5 days. This time he can only get room temp water down. Swallow test showed silent aspiration though I have some major issues with the test. 6 weeks ago he was eating everything he could find and then suddenly down to room temp water within a week. Swallow test - chew ice chips (the man has no teeth), eat a cookie and when he said he might be able to with some water, the test ended. Peg tube back in now, but I just wondered how other people's issues presented....and yeah, I know that no two people are alike. Dh has also had a severe sinus infection and I'm wondering how much mucus and lack of saliva have played in this. ENT saw nothing on scope. Thanks for any feedback.

CG to H with SCC BOT T4N2cM0 dx 12/19/08, teeth removed pre-tx; Erbitux & RT-done 3/12/09, PEG 2/9/09-7/14/09; ND 6/16. Pet 6/12-no mets except lymph node in neck removed on 6/16. Chyle leak,2nd surg to repair. Dilate esophagus 4/15/10. Clear PET 12/17/10