Sally, greetings and welcome. I'm so glad to hear that you're doing so well, that you've gotten through the worst and that you have someone helping you out. I'm sure that was a huge part of keeping you in a good frame of mind and staying strong. As one of my other fellow Davids said (there are scads of us here), good for you for getting back to eating real food so quickly. Even though it might not seem so to you. Took me a solid 6 months, er, well, no pun intended. Not too much anyway.

Dr. Servan-Schreiber's book is excellent, and I was saddened to read of his death I believe it was late last year. Another truly great book is "The Emperor of All Maladies" by Dr. Siddhartha Mukherjee, which won our Pulitzer prize and deservedly so.

Like you I feel very lucky. Keep us posted on your progress!

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18