I have left this a little late and have being doing some searches both on the forums news plus on the patient forum.
My appointment is in 15 hours with the oral surgeon (Otolaryngology) as a follow up to the laser biopsies I had in January.
I have had a few biopsies since my major operation and these were cut and stitch but the laser biopsy was a particularly painful recovery.
So my question is if another biopsy is required is it feasible to ask for a Velscope check instead?
A search on Velscope in both areas brings up a lot of information.
In other words should I bring it up with the surgeon? I have checked and there are a few dental clinics that use it here in Australia.

Below are some of the findings from January�s biopsies;

1. Right anterior tongue :
HYPERKERATOSIS WTH FOCALLY MILD EPTHTHELIAL DYSPLASIA.
2. Right anterior pillar :
HYPERKERATOSIS WITH MLD TO MODERATE EPITHELIAL DYSPLASIA.

Below are just some of the terms mentioned in the report;

Luminal ductal epithelium and abluminal myoepithelial cells ---comprising lymphocytes and histiocytes---- acanthosis, papillomatosis and orthokeratosis with a prominent granular cell layer in areas---- stratified squamous epithelium

Looking forward to any input from my family here and besides a few minor issues am feeling fine wink

Thanks Gabriele

History Leukoplakia bx 8/2006 SCC floor mouth T3N0M0- Verrucous Carcinoma.
14 hour 0p SCC-Right ND/excision/marginal mandibulectomy 9/2006, 4 teeth removed, flap from wrist, trach-ng 6 days- no chemo/rad.
6 ops and debulking (flap/tongue join) + bx's 2006-2012.
bx Jan 2012 Hyperkeratosis-Epithelial Dysplasia
24cm GIST tumour removed 8/2013. Indefinite Oral Chemo.

1/31/16 passed away peacefully surrounded by family