Congrats on finishing your treatments! The thick phlegm usually lasts for about 3 - 5 weeks then comes the dry mouth. While it can be irritating, its alot better than the thick gunk. Dry mouth will require you to tote along a water bottle everywhere.

Some members rent a suction machine from their local medical supply company. You will need a prescription from your doc. Keep rinsing with 16 oz warm water, 2 tsp baking soda and 2 tsp salt and or seltzer water. I didnt use the seltzer water but others here have said how good it is at cutting the thick mucous. By rinsing several times per day with the baking soda mixture, it will help stabilize the ph balance in your mouth and clean out the mucous.

Your calories are pretty good, keep up the high calories for at least the next 6 months. You probably will not gain anything for quite a while, even if you take in 3500 or more calories daily. Your body is fighting to rebuild itself which burns up calories at an amazing rate of speed. When I was recovering I would drink chocolate peanut butter milkshakes which had about 2000 calories each, some days I would drink 3 of them and also take in my 2000 calories of formula. I never gained an ounce. Try adding some extra whey protein powder to your Boost to help promote healing. Also watch your water intake and keep taking in at least 48oz daily.

Best wishes with your continued recovery!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma