Welcome to OCF! Ive been thru the mandibulectomy surgery. Its not an easy one to recover from. Sorry to hear your leg bone has broken while in your jaw. This will need to be repaired. I agree with Cheryl about nerve damage probably making it so you do not feel the pain. But this also is transplanted bone not your original so you probably would not have feeling in this.

Your situation needs the attention of your doctor. They will need to somehow fix the broken bone. I did not have a piece of bone for my jaw, my doctor used a titanium plate. I had complications and the plate was removed. I do not have half of my lower jaw and am leading a good fulfilling life. I am not the average patient so dont worry about being left without a jawbone. If that would happen its not the end of the world. I dont look the same as I used to but Im alive and doing ok so thats the most important thing.

Add some high protein to your diet to help promote healing. There are many whey protein mixes on the market that can be added to milk, water or juice. Best wishes with everything!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma