Needed some support and encouragement and maybe just knowing that I'm not the only one that feels this way. I had a pretty bad experience having my biopsy done on my tongue. My tumor was so large within my tongue (almost 50%) that when the doctor was trying to inject novacaine to numb me, it didn't work. They had to use five or six shots, maybe even never and it never numbed. I felt everything, every cut, every stitch...all of it. It was traumatizing because I think going into it, I was still trying to convince myself that this was not a big deal and I could handle it and it would be benign like my first lesion back in 2007.

I'm almost 7 months post op from my partial glossectomy surgery and I have been to one dentist appointment for a cleaning. There was a lot of anxiety but I did okay. But now I think I have a cavity on one of my front teeth (and I know I have more that still need to be filled, we had postponed them due to pregnancy and then the cancer last year). The sensitivity is becoming very uncomfortable and I know I need to see the dentist but I am scared. I'm scared of the novacaine and "being-in-the-chair". Even now, just thinking about it makes my heart race. I know I can call my dentist and talk to her about it because she has become somewhat like a friend to me now. I just don't want to do it. I would rather be put to sleep and wake up then have to sit in that chair with needles and all that nonsense happening in my mouth. Ugh. I just don't want to deal with those procedures right now but I don't want it to get worse and have to have a root canal or worse down the road!

Thanks in advance.

neg lesion biospy 1/2007; lesion found 3/2011; baby boy 5/3/2011; biopsy 10/2011; diag. 10/17/2011 T2,SCC tongue; 10/25/2011 part. glossectomy 50% tongue rmvd w/muscle; 11/29/2011 neck dis; HSP 12/3/2011 infection of incision; 12/5/2011 29 lymph nodes negative for cancer. No chemo/radiation.