Hi there mine was the same early stage. That's a bit of a comfort but push to get them moving quickly. Hopefully they'll get you in soon and if your ENT suggests a neck dissection - go for it even if there appear to be no lymph nodes involved... I say this because my tumor was well differentiated and after the biopsy despite 3 clear scans (between dec20 and jan4 ) it had moved into one node and broken brought the capsule - by the time it was removed along with a chunk of tongue 4 weeks later it was 1.5 cm (the node) it didn't matter of course as my surgeon told me from the outset he was removing 40 nodes. There can be microscopic cancer in the nodes that goes in detected by a scan - particularly with tongue cancer - anne o here had a superficial tongue cancer (very very small) but it too had moved to the nodes very quickly - better safe than sorry - I don't want to scare you but some drs make The mistake of trusting the scans remove a chunk of tongue and send the patient home thinking theyre cured only to have a node pop up later... Hugs we're here for you - I imagine your head is spinning - try not to freak you will get through it. Also get to a ccc! If you can! Take care

Last edited by Cheryld; 06-15-2012 09:19 AM.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan