Roselvr

Now that you send me the PM with more info on your friend and her husband, it looks to me like you have given her all the advice anyone could have given. How kind of you to help her out considering all that you have gone thru yourself (a caregiver twice; the 1st was terminal leukemia for your dad; a smoker; 2nd stage 4 tonsil cancer for your hub; a smoker.)
Since you added that this guy is also smoking cigarettes then I can help out after all. Here is link to send her on the dangers of smoking cigarettes after cancer TX from the ACS
smoking & cancer TX especially this excerpt
[quote]The diagnosis of cancer and the rigors and side effects of the treatment are well-known to many of us. Perhaps what is not as well known is that is sometimes the seemingly �small stuff� that can make a huge difference in the outcome of cancer treatment. And, it isn�t �small stuff� when you survive your cancer yet continue to smoke, increasing your risk of another cancer years down the road.

When I was a younger physician in training we used to marvel at the patients with head and neck cancer who would continue smoking through a tracheotomy site, or other patients with end-stage lung cancer who would continue to smoke even as they were receiving intensive treatment.[/quote]
But as I said in my private message, since this guy is an alcoholic and former drug addict, reading anything is not going to change him in my experience.
Hope to see you around the forum - OCF is only a million times better than that other forum you found her query on.
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13