Time is SO precious. Don't waste even a minute of it! Especially those minutes spent worrying or putting off things. Make a bucket list of fun stuff you want to do and check each one off as you do them. In addition to a bucket list (fun stuff) and "TO-DO" list (practical things that need to get done), since I retired I also decided I was not going to do useless, stressful stuff like talking to machines, taking calls from telemarketers, or waiting in line for anything - unless I'm with someone I can have an interesting conversation with while waiting. Yesterday I had an appointment with my GYN (a very nice but busy person). As I sat on the table, with my legs in stirrups, and after reading all the cute sayings on the wall, ("breastfeed your baby - you can do it discreetly" - been there, done that) and not having anyone with me with whom I could have some interesting social interaction, I played Scrabble on my iPhone. David - you have a LOT of good years ahead of you and great opportunities! Enjoy! BTW - what's on Your Bucket List??

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)