My name is Greg and I am a 54 YO man that was diagnosed with SSC of the tonsil on April 2. I was very fortunate that my dentist caught it during a checkup and was immediately referred to a great oral surgeon with connections to the team at the University of Washington Medical Center. I am almost halfway through my treatment and hoping that things continue to go as well as they have so far. Toughest part was the first chemo treatment because I wasn't 100% certain of what meds to take when and got pretty sick. Also it took me by surprise to completely lose my taste sensation with my first chemo. Thought I might tough it out and not need the tube that was placed before treatment, but have realized that it's probably smarter to take advantage of it to help keeps the calorie and liquid intake when eating is such an unsatisfying experience. Wow, what we take for granted.

I have received a lot of good info from this site and appreciate everybody's effort in compiling info and adding their personal experiences.

Age 54 when diagnosed on 4/2/12 with HPV 16+ SCC T2N2bM0 of left tonsil and two nodes. Started 3 Cisplatin,33 RADS on 5/14/12. No surgery scheduled.

9/02/20 diagnosed with recurrence of lymph nodes on right side. 9/28/20 bilateral neck dissection. Prescribed chemoradiation to start on 11/11/20.

2 Corinthians 1:3,4