Susan

Congratulations. I speak from experience when I say that It is a great feeling for a patient to be able to have their caregiver change the button rather than the expense and hassle of going to the hospital. You rock. Tim is a lucky man.
What brand of button does Tim have? My Mic-key (Kimberly Clark) button's balloon burst after only three weeks and fell out. I did some research and had the doctors order me an AMT (applied medical technology) button and they walked my wife through the procedure with her actually changing out the button herself. It will be three months in two weeks that this button has lasted.
Of course there had to be a hassle: my medical supply company would not order AMT only Mic-Key so I had to switch companies and there are still insurance issues etc to resolve out.
Tim is setting records with how long his buttons last. The manufacturers only warranty them for 30 days. Typically buttons last 3 months and tubes 6 months on the average but a lot depends on the stomach acidity. So I am curious as to what brand Tim is using.
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13