Just want to vent a bit. I completed my treatments 3 years ago this coming August. I am basically doing well, and have it so much better than some of you guys do. So far, I remain cancer free. Went to a pot luck yesterday for our bell choir at a beautiful log cabin in the woods. There was wonderful food there...all kinds of salads, desserts, and other side dishes. I could eat a couple of bites of potatoes, a bite or two of pasta salad, some applesauce, part of a brat, and spoonful of dessert. I am sort of depressed at being so far out of treatment and still not being to eat normally. Part of it is because of the mess my teeth are in, and part of it is due to dry mouth. I know that I shouldn't whine about it, but I felt stupid sitting there with little spoonfuls on my plate, and this is the only place I could come where people might understand. Sorry for venting, and I know that I should just suck it up but while I am OK most of the time, it
does get me down sometimes.

Female, nonsmoker, 70, diag. 5/09 after tongue biopsy: stage IV. Left hemi-gloss. and left selec. neck disec. 30 lymph nodes removed May 20. Over 7 weeks daily rads. with three chemo. PEG removed 12/4/09 Am eating mostly soft foods. Back to work 11/09 Retired 4/1/11. 7 clear scans! Port out 9/11. 2/13. It's back: base of tongue, very invasive
surgery involving lifestyle changes. 2/14: Now speaking w/Passey-Muir valve. Considering a swallow study. Grateful to be alive.