Thanks folks for the quick responses. Basically the doc gave me the "you want to put pot in your husband's smoothies" look. He also jokingly commented, "aren't we a bit old for that". The main reason I want to use the hemp is for the sheer volume of calories, that plus it does seem to have some really interesting nutritional benefits. We are going to meet with the nutritionist on Thursday, however I expect this may be "off mainstream" enough that she may not know about it. That's why I came to ya'll...figured someone here may have already done some research on it.

Cheryl, we have found some great protein powders at Whole foods that were no sugar, no carb, fairly natural, loaded with protein, thank goodness!

My husband is very highly motivated to avoid a PEG. His biggest concern through all of this is losing function, he wants to use it so he doesn't lose it.

wife/caregiver to Vince, dx 4/12 Stage IV BOT HPV+ SCC, poorly diff.; T4N2cMo; U of C; Clinical trial, Everolimus; 6 wks ind. chemo (Cetuximab, Cisplatin & Taxol), 50 x IMRT, 75 gy chemorad w/5FU, Hydrea & Taxol; 5 years out, thankfully still NED