But here I am. The worst thing I could ever imagine was having mouth cancer. And even worse than that is, I did it to myself by bad habits. I am by nature very private yet I need information to arm myself. If anyone is willing to conduct an ongoing private dialog with me it would be appreciated. A longtime member, perhaps? At some point maybe I will feel confident with public discussion but for now I am too afraid to even type the words out at all, let alone publicly.

I am scared. And don't know what to do. I'm alone in life and my dentist told me I have mouth cancer. Could he be wrong? I want to think he is but I keep losing teeth one after the other, it's not from bad hygiene. There are things I am supposed to be doing to deal with it that I don't know how to navigate, for various reasons. An already complicated life just got ten times more complicated.

Is it an acceptable alternative, to not choose treatment? Are there forums more appropriate for that choice, as opposed to this one? I don't want to step on any toes here. Everyone who is undergoing treatment is brave and courageous -- I am too, but there are limits to the types of treatments I can have due to other conditions. I don't want to be a downer but I need honest information about outcomes whichever road I take from here on out.

Been reading here to try to sort out and discover whatever options may offer hope but so far haven't found a situation as unique as mine. But there's a lot of topics so the quest will continue.......