Michael Douglas is partnering with OCF to make a Public Service announcement on the importance of Early Detection. Just another example of how hard Brian Hill works to get the message out for all of us who want to see this cancer end.
Although I know it will be on the OCF news feed, since far too many of the OCF forum members do not subscribe to the fantastic OCF news feed (hint !), I'm sharing this OCF news release
Michael Douglas Partners With Oral Cancer Foundation
As usual, Brian takes no credit for what he has done
[quote]"The Foundation is indebted to Michael Douglas for partnering with us in the battle against oral cancer," said OCF Founder and Executive Director Brian Hill, who is a survivor of the same cancer Mr. Douglas had. "Michael is a highly visible, well known actor, and a consummate professional. Those qualities, when coupled with his personal cancer experience, yield a respected voice to this fight. His willingness right from the beginning of his journey, to openly talk about his difficult personal experience with oral cancer on TV and in print, has certainly created awareness in the public of a cancer too few have even heard of. That impact will be multiplied through this partnership with the foundation, and translate into increased early recognition of problems, avoidance of risk factors, and participation in annual opportunistic screenings by the public. His involvement will create a tipping point that will ultimately save lives[/quote]
So I want to shout out: Way to go Brian.
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13