Just found this post as I was just wondering what to say when I go back to work. I know people are going to ask because I used to see most of the same customers weekly and of course, coworkers are always asking how I'm doing. I remember when I was little my grandfather had non hodgkins lymphoma and always said he was in "remission." I first wondered if that term would even apply as my "tumor" and lymphs were removed through surgery and we don't REALLY know what and how much of the radiation killed. I find myself saying "I had cancer" and always wonder if that sounds right...this was the first time I had heard the term NED. Which I don't mind. It is frustrating that people automatically assume you're "cured." I also feel like some (including those closest to me) just expect me to be bouncing around and feeling awesome and "getting back to normal." Like it's SOOOOOO freaking easy. I want to scream "You have NO IDEA what I've been through! My life will never be the same!" You can't just "go back to normal." Ok...sorry...end rant.

Totally didn't mean to Hi-jack the caregiver/co-survivor forum. I found this post through a google search and didn't realize what forum it was in. Sorry!

MissB

Last edited by MissBazinet; 04-30-2012 03:02 PM. Reason: Forum

Female, 37 yrs old,Non-Smoker/Social Drinker, HPV-
T3 N1 M0 SCC Dx 11-10-11
11-23-11 Left Hemiglossectomy
11-30-11 Modified Radical Neck Dissection
01-25-12 Removed another spot on BOT, skin graft (left thigh)
38 RADS Tx Finished April 13, 2012
Fall 2014 - HBOT due to wisdom teeth extraction post radiation