Hi defeating - Don't worry about fixing the same thing every day. Tastes have a way of changing overnite. When I was trying to fix stuff my son could tolerate and found some he liked, before I knew it, his tastes changed and he didn't like it anymore. I remember buying a blender to make milk shakes and I got some protein powder to add to the milk shake. I think he probably had or three milk shakes and didn't like the protein powder in it, so if you do find something, don't buy a lot of it. Everyone is different with their reactions to taste. At the end of Paul's Tx, we had to give away a lot of stuff to someone else he knew going through a similar experience. Christine's list of easy foods is a really good one. Another thing my son like was grilled cheese fried in a LOT of butter. And he used a lot of gravy or other sauces, too. He liked chicken noodle soup but only sipped the broth. The day he was able to eat two noodles with it, we celebrated! I think you just have to try different things to see what works. It does get better.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)