Hi again! If it's HPV related then they'll radiate your neck to clobber the nodes. We're split 50 50 here on neck dissections. For my type of C - non HPV - they generally remove them, and any other tumor. For HPV, they may remove or debulk the tumor - but leave the nodes... If they still hang around post treatment then they sometimes go back in, but HPV does respond well to treatment.

The FNA (needle biopsy) will give you som answers. The clear margins are good.. Tails is new to me I have to look that up.

Proteins - well I'm a veg head - sooooo - I use a combination vegan, or vegetarian protein powder - usually they are a combination, hemp, chia, rice, pea... That gives you all the protein requirements found in a meat protein. One scoop generally has 16-25 gms of protein. So add a scoop a few time a day to whatever you blend (most are berry, vanilla or chocolate - but some are unflavored.) it's smooth so it should go down okay... my morning shake has one scoop of Sunwarrior (chocolate) pea protein, and one scoop of vanilla vegetarian (only because they don't have chocolate) hemp, pea etc... Mix. I get 56 gms of protein, when you include the cottage cheese I toss in. That's my protein for the day.. I do have a little in the evening but if I don't I know I'm not lacking. I personally don't do the whey, or soy proteins, - whey is animal (milk based) and soy is far too manipulated. I pretty much eat what I want but generally stay away from sugars, white flours, and dairy. (cheese is my occasional sin) and ice cream. smile the sugar thing is another reason I don't do whey, or soy powders most have it. The vegetarian news I use have stevia - a natural non glycemic sweetener.

Good luck, treatment is not easy but you will get through it. Have faith.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan