Kerri - Maybe it's not an "olfactory hallucination" but "an olfactory revelation" and protection from something that may not be good for us (I had the same newly pregnant issue with coffee in my 20's). Whenever I'm in a restaurant salad bar, and discover something that I know is going bad, it's a struggle for me to quietly tell one of the assistants that a certain item is going bad. Fortunately most of them have food inspectors to make sure everything is fresh and at the right temperature. For those recovering from radiation, perhaps the changes in taste may not always be a bad thing but just a sign that it should be avoided. In addition to certain tastes, during radiation, my son's sense of sound was sharply affected as well as sensitivity to light so we kept everything around him quiet and in very low light.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)