Oh the joys of insomnia...I know them well. I spent the better part of the last four years struggling with it, even after getting off the opiate pain meds, which notoriously cause insomnia. They actually activate areas of the brain that keep you awake so after you've developed a tolerance to them this is a common effect.

When I think back on my treatment days the sleep deprivation was probably the leading cause of my insanity, it was horrible. My Dr's tried it all too, low dose tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines, Ambien/Lunesta, the works...and where I didn't find restful sleep I did have fun with the side effects of those drugs. My wife's stories of my Ambien/Lunesta sleepwalking experiences both crack me up and scare the hell out of me. Everything from running around outside in the harsh N.Idaho winters, in my pajamas, hunting ninjas on the roof (apparently sent by the government to kill me) to putting my wife in a choke hold, which is scary as I'm a lifelong wrestler and have studied/love ju-jitsu.

Medicinal Marijuana has been prescribed for insomnia (vaporized or injested, never smoked!) with good feedback from patients. My past experience with this I'll share that it did work very well for me in this area without the harsh and potential psychotic side effects of the other drugs listed above. There are side effects however that can be rather harsh, like your kids whining that you ate all of their Doritos, my wife slapping me for finishing off the Dove Chocolate bars she hides in the Freezer to appease her viscous addiction, or probably the worst...I had the hardest time fitting into my skinny jeans that really accented my posterior. Oh what we subject ourselves to due to cancer...

Anyway BuffaloFan, I hope you find something that works for you and eases your pain and brings you comfort, lord knows your football team hasn't been up to the task...says the Seattle Seahawks fan smile

Hope that helps!

Eric

Last edited by EricS; 04-06-2012 05:52 AM. Reason: always spelling

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.