Diane!

This stuff is stressful my dear, that's why we are here to help guide you through the bullsh!t. Oops, sorry, I'm from N. Idaho and we don't have what you call "social graces" so I hope I don't offend!

My advice is this. Dentists are the first line of defense in "finding" oral cancer. Oral Surgeons are to me "super dentists" that spend most of their time with dental implants and cosmetic procedures. Ear Nose & Throat surgeons are the experts in Oral Cancer and precancerous conditions my dear.

If I were you I'd get my happy behind to an Ear Nose and Throat Surgeon and get his opinion. The best advice anyone can give you is to get the best medical advice available to you. In this case as it sounds like it could be a precancerous condition I'd say get it checked by the experts in the field. I'd also have them test the area for HPV as it's the #1 cause of Oral Cancer nowadays and 80% of women will have contracted a strain before the age of 60. Knowledge is power.

Hope this helps! Keep your chin up and keep plugging into these boards for support!

Eric

Last edited by EricS; 04-03-2012 01:16 PM. Reason: always spelling

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.