Hello to you all. I have been reading some of your stories for some time now and have finally decided that it was time to dive in. I am inspired by all the incredible stories of determination and hope.
I was diagnosed with two oral cancers in 2009, at the age of 46. Because of the early stages, T1 & T2, and the location of the lesions, it was decided to treat with radiation only. I had NO idea, really, what I was getting into. I am still finding out 3 years later. I read a post where someone referred to radiation as "the gift that keeps on giving" which I am finding out seems to be true. Anyway, it turned out that I was very sensitive to the radiation and since completion of the treatment, the tissue in my mouth is in a constant state of chaos. My saliva is pretty good, but I have ongoing sores that appear and disappear. Any advice out there on how to deal with the constant fear/anxiety that any one of these sores might be a recurrence?
I am currently a month+ away from my next follow up and am full of anxiety that a recent sore throat is an ominous sign.

Lori - SCC R-Tongue, T1 / R-soft palate, T2 N1M0
Age 46 at DX
RT June - July 2009