20 Rads done, 13 to go and 3 more chemo. Eating by mouth has ended. Had a nice meal at Red Lobster on Tuesday with friends and now nothing taste good and feels terribly going down. Wednesday the weekly weigh-in showed a loss of 10 pounds in one week. Came home Wed for a quick run home and on our scales from Wed. night till Sat morning showed another 6 pounds. Only had 5 cans yesterday and nothing after 5 pm so I am pushing today for 7 cans as recommended by dietitian. Jeff is also letting me juice and blend so just did carrot, kiwa, spinach and banana and protein powder. It goes thru the tube fine. This week has been bad for coughing and spitting up whatever. It has hit at night for 2-3 hours nonstop before it subsides, kept us up till 1 or 2. Last night on the was home it started and was worse than before. I was afraid I'd have to stop at ER but finally it slowed down. Is there anything to do to make food taste better. He tried a blackberry and send it taste like burned hair. His mouth tastes like a bucket of rusty nails. On the bright side it is good to be home for the week-end!!! Our dog was so happy to see us. He has been alone alot. Our 13 year old son went to WI Dells for 4 days with his sister which was really good since this is his spring break. Our son from FL flew in yesterday for almost 3 weeks to watch his brother which is such a relief!!! The weather is wonderful for northern MN!! It is suppose to be 76 today, hopefully the sun comes out soon. 70 tomorrow. Our average high for now should be 44 with still lots of snow on the ground. I think we'll get the insurance back on the Mustang convertible for our trip back Monday. The gas mileage would be so much better and we love riding with the top down. I say we will have a convertible till we are in our 80's. It was our mid-life crisis car. Have a great week-end everyone. I appreciate this forum, no Caring Bridge or Facebook postings, (husband's choice) so this has been my outlet.

Husband diagnosed Oct '11 Cancer of the vocal cord Nov '11 removed right vocal cord. Neck Dissection, cancer in one node, .2, very small & contained) Jan '12 Radiation and Cisplatin, 6 doses. June '12 & Dec '12 clear Pet scan. April '13 Celebrating 1 year cancer free since treatment ended.