1. They don't do PETs in Ontario, Canada. I had my 3 month follow-up contrast CT 2 days ago which I understand cannot differentiate scar tissue from residual cancer like a PET. Also, this CT is only scanned in the H&N area.

I was told by my RO's nurse today that it looked great. There are 2 residual nodes left, both less than 1cm (I anticipated this because I can feel a sliver, barely, where the original golfball tumor was). In this case, she said I will get another contrast CT in 2-3 months but she is confident at that size, it is scar tissue.

I also read somewhere, cannot remember the article, where residual nodes under a certain size are rarely positive when dissected.

Should I be concerned?

2. Where my tonsil was removed, there are now a couple of fibrous lines that are creamy colored. It does not look like white SCC patches, they are not open sores and there is no inflammation. I'm wondering if after radiation and being so dry in there, the tissue has healed that way. Of course, I also wonder if it's SCC as I have no idea what it would look like if it grew in the area again. I don't see my RO until March 23.

3. New lymphadema/turkey neck almost 3 months out. Normal?

FNAB Dx SCC left lymph Sept2/11 (age 43), left tonsillectomy Sept21/11 confirmed primary. T1N2bM0. 35 IMRT both sides Oct17-Dec12/11. Cisplatin week 1,4,7. Non-smoker, non-drinker, p16+.