Yes I am always looking for any pointers. Just talked with someone who's mother had one put in and had such pain they kept her overnight. The daughter insisted that it should be checked and they were confident it was fine. Finally the next morning the doctor reluctantly checked and sure enough it needed to be loosened. Unnecessary pain for someone older. I have been told yes and no on putting my own food through the PEG. I don't want to rely on Ensure with all the sugar. I plan on continuing the carrot and fruit juicing. I'm sure I will be throwing all kinds of healthy stuff in the blender and diluting it. I had lots of practice with 5 kids and even with my daycare kids. I came up with the idea when my son was 6 months old and looked so skinny. I put meat, potatoes, veg. and milk in the blender and then in a bottle with a big hole in the top. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, baby cereal, fruit and milk. He beefed up quick in just a few months. Glad he decided to go with the PEG. I can see how difficult it is to swallow already.

Husband diagnosed Oct '11 Cancer of the vocal cord Nov '11 removed right vocal cord. Neck Dissection, cancer in one node, .2, very small & contained) Jan '12 Radiation and Cisplatin, 6 doses. June '12 & Dec '12 clear Pet scan. April '13 Celebrating 1 year cancer free since treatment ended.