It does sound like a mucocele but that's usually inside the mouth (inside the body) or inner part of the lip - mucocles can happen in other areas that have mucous membranes but the equivalent on the exterior body is a clogged pore - now since you said it was close to your scar - I wonder if it's a pore or sebaceous gland that's been traumatized by your previous surgery and radiation... Hugs!!! Hope it's nothing! We all have those things that make us go eek - I saw my RO today - he asked about thing a I saw my ENT about a month ago... (a small lump on my palate - turns out its graduation tissue from manual trauma - apparently) and I showed him something else - scar tissue (or so he says) - near frenulum on the bottom ish, gum area of my mouth behind my two from teeth. Anyway - during our conversation, he said if you have any concerns - best to have it checked out... So that's my advice!!! Take care!! And fingers crossed it nothing!

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan