Thanks for remembering my background, Charm. When I first posted last August I was starting Tx on 8/22 and I had two weddings scheduled. We went ahead with my son's on Sept. 10 and that was fine because I was only 3 weeks into radiation and just before my second chemo. But my daughter's was scheduled for Oct. 15 in Minnesota and that was going to be dicey. My wonderful daughter is a former Captain in the USMC (as is my future son-in-law) and always knows the right thing to do. As difficult as it was for them to change the date, they moved it all to March 24 when I definitely (hah!) would be back in good shape.

Well, I actually am in good shape and the biopsy on the 1st will not interfere at all. I will be a little thinner (25 pounds) in these photos as compared to my son's but I will be able to participate fully. I'll be able to taste the food better than I could back in September! We will know the biopsy results by then. If it is negative we will have one more thing to celebrate, and if it is positive we will push that out of our minds for the weekend and attend to it when we return.

Dan

Dan (57)

SCC Stage III tonsil, BOT and 3 nodes, T1N2bM0. Non-smoker, and social drinker. HPV 16 confirmed. Tx started 8/22/11 and ended 10/7/11 - Cisplatin x 3 with concurrent IMRT x 35. No PEG. PET and CT inconclusive Jan. 2012; BOT and tonsil biopsy 3/1/12, all clear.