Do you ever read some news article or new study about our lives as Cancer survivors that makes you want to scream? I often do so it was really great last month to see Brian Hill's droll commentary on a Jan online article "Many Head and Neck Cancer Survivors Face Eating Problems�,
,Part of dealing with this cancer is accepting reality. So instead of yet another futile post to get those of you who have not signed up for the OCF news feed to do so, I'm just going to repost Brian comments. It's just too good to languish in the comment section of the OCF newsreader where far too many of you just won't see it.

[quote]Brian Hill Says:
January 18th, 2012 at 11:44 am

I wonder who paid for this bit of research to be done. ANYONE working in the H&N community, or who has been a patient could tell you this. I�m really not sure what interventions to improve quality of life can be done for people that have lost their tongue, have had their swallowing mechanisms altered anatomically or damaged by radiation causing dysphagia, or who would not be depressed after the whole process including some living with mild to terrible esthetic issues. This article states the obvious, yet offers no clue as to what might be done to improve QOL for oral cancer patients. Really doctors? What does this contain that is not self evident?
[/quote]

Here is the link to the OCF news article
OCF news -Jan 18
Seriously, sign up now for the OCF news feed You won't regret it Brian does not comment on every article but when he does: WOW
charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 02-16-2012 07:30 AM. Reason: url glitch

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13