Hi,
I am hoping that my anxiety is just getting the best if me. My husband chewed for 15 years and about 6 months ago he quit due to a spot on his cheek. Since turkeys spot was biopsied and negative for cancer. Since then I have been very paranoid about his mouth , checking it often. On Monday I noticed anwhite spot on his tongue. It actually looks like red inflammed taste buds with a white border. I of course freaked out. I made him go to the doctor which said it looked like inflammation and an ulcer. He gave him a antibiotic and said if its not gone in a week to follow up with his normal doctor. The next day he visited the dentist. The dentist knows his history and said this was nothing cancerious or to worry about.

After all this reassurance I am still terrified he has tounge cancer.the area still looks the same as it did on Monday so of course I am worried. I just want this to go away. I am just afraid the dentist may have missed something. He said it looked like a healing canker sore. But this area is not painful at all to him.

I hope this is nothing and I am over reacting. I just need a little reassurance.

I will include a pic even though its hard to see. It o. Side/ top of his of his tongue. White borders. It looks redder in the pic than it does in person. The red looks like normal taste buds just redder. Does this look like cancer or healing canker sore ?should I be so worried?

Also he is 30 years old with no health problems. I am pregnant expectig our second child so I need some peace. I know all this anxiety is bad for the baby. Thanks k appreciate any advice that I can get.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/kkingery83/1539bcd2.jpg