Hi there - hopefully its not cancer! However if it is do your research - if you are tied to a group of drs. Make sure you pick the best of the best. Within that group. In my opinion. A second opinion wouldn't hurt but if it comes back positive for oral scc - then time is also of the essence. The best thing to do is be looked at at a ccc - there they've seen it all and will know what to do. Though weight loss - unexplained - is generally a sign of CA - its usually only when it's very advanced - and it doesn't sound to me like yours is... (if it's cancer) unless you've had this lesion for quite a while . Someone here will correct me if I'm wrong on that statement but I don't think I am - is your neck okay? Good luck and many blessings to you - hoping you have a tape worm or something, and the lesion is just a canker! It's not CA until the biopsy says it is... Take care

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan