Any pain I have is minor and usually in the morning due to stiffness (tongue is usually stuck kind of in the morning) I don't move it at night when I'm sleeping- plus I have a pretty dry mouth so I wake up with a stiff semi sore tongue.. Within about 5 minutes it's gone.. The nerves in it are regenerating so it's tingly at times. I never medicate - even at the worst pain - the week after rads - I used minimal pain meds - I'd have an oxy 5 ml - 30 minutes before I would chug my ensure - then sleep it off - I did this 4or 5 times a day for a week. The rest of the time a Tylenol # three occasionally would do. If you have to take meds your drs right take them before you have to do anything you know might hurt - before bed is also good if your having a lot of pain it may affect the quality of your sleep and you need sleep to heal. It sounds to me like a nerve issue though - and that can be tricky hopefully it's part of the healing and will fade - drs are o non committal sometimes it makes me crazy - they should just tell the truth... In my experience... But I really don't know... smile take care!

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan